Wisconsin's Leading Child Care Conference
Sign-up to get WECA Conference information including discounts, special content, and more >>>
Announcing the 2014 Request for Proposals
Workshop Proposal Forms
Please use the online proposal form if possible. You will receive a confirmation email with the information you submit for your record.
Workshops that focus on or embed these areas into workshop content are encouraged:
- Valuing diversity and difference
Learning through play
Workshops should incorporate best practices for adult learning and model respect and acceptance of diversity. Workshops should promote an anti-bias approach with respect to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, handicapping conditions, physical condition, developmental disability, and national origin.
We are looking for workshops that...
- include evidence-based strategies for teaching our youngest children
- share the latest research in terms we can all understand
- promote proven ways to engage families, staff and directors
- are hands-on, interactive and fun!
Working with children with special needs
Trauma informed care
Marketing & social media
Public policy and regulations
|Developmentally appropriate practice
WMELS in action
Literacy, math & science activities
Observation, assessment & portfolios
Using assessment to inform teaching
|Music & movement
Parents & Families
Health, wellness & nutrition
Nature & outdoors
Workshop Presenter Details:
- Presenters are responsible for their own audio/visual equipment.
- Workshops are generally 1.25-2.5 hours in length.
- Presenters are responsible for their own handouts.
- Materials may not be sold during presentations.
- Presenters should, whenever possible, be Registry approved trainers.
- Proposals are due April 30. Accepted workshops will be announced May 30.
Workshop Presenter Selection criteria:
- Relevance of the topic.
- Quality and clarity of the workshop description and stated learning objectives.
- Presenter’s PDAS trainer level.
- Evidence that you will clearly set the state for ongoing learning.
- Originality and creativity.