Health Care for Child Care Milwaukee Learning Group
Do you want health insurance but wonder if you can afford it?
Or worry you’ll be rejected because of your health history?
Or maybe you have insurance that won't cover preventive care?
You're not alone... WECA invites you to learn about your options through the Affordable Care Act (also called “Obamacare”).
Join the learning group & you’ll get:
1:1 assistance in understanding the new health insurance laws and how they affect you
- Connection to a Certified Application Counselor who will help you enroll, if you choose to
As part of the Learning Group, you’ll be asked to complete 3 short surveys about your experience. After you join online, a WECA representative will contact you to discuss your health care options through the Affordable Care Act. You'll have two options to meet your needs:
- As an Individual Child Care Provider, a representative can help you with any questions and assist you in enrolling in health care.
- As a Child Care Center, you can schedule a time for a representative to come and talk with your staff about their health care options.
Do you have questions?
Many child care providers have questions. What insurance plans are available? What do they cost? What does it mean for me and my family? How are the families I care for affected?
If you have any of these questions, join the Health Care for Child Care Milwaukee Learning Group for free today >>
The new laws have created positive changes for those who want and need health insurance:
- All insurance plans will have to cover doctor visits, hospitalizations, maternity care, emergency room care, and prescriptions.
- Many preventive care services must now also be offered by private insurance without co-pay or deductible. e.g. mammograms, blood pressure screenings, many cancer screenings, immunizations, weight loss services, quitting smoking, etc.
- You might be able to get financial help to pay for a health insurance plan.
- If you have a pre-existing condition, insurance plans cannot deny you coverage.