Update on T.E.A.C.H. Scholarship Waiting List
What you need to know:
- For those students currently supported by a T.E.A.C.H. scholarship, nothing changes.
- Scholarship renewals are being prioritized to minimize disrupting an educational path that is already in progress. All students moving directly from one active scholarship to another in the 2017 spring semester will be awarded a scholarship.
- We are currently awarding scholarships to some students who will begin attending school in the spring semester 2017. These applications are currently being processed in the order received and completed.
- On a semester-by-semester basis, we will re-assess what more we can do. Scholarship awards for the summer and fall 2017 semesters will be determined at a later date, prior to start of the semester (approximately late March for summer and July for fall). News will be posted on our website: wisconsinearlychildhood.org
- If you know people who are considering a return to school, please encourage them to still apply. Evidence of demand is our best hope for increased funding.
You have a story to share!
Take Action: Call to the Governor’s Office to advocate for more T.E.A.C.H. and REWARD funding!
Giving young children our best means ensuring they have well-educated teachers and providers who provide the stable relationships needed for healthy development. Education and retention of the child care workforce is a primary focus of the T.E.A.C.H. scholarship program and the REWARD stipend program. Both are successful programs that are essential to meeting and sustaining high quality standards, and both are currently operating with waiting lists.
Call Governor Scott Walker’s office at (608) 266-1212 and share this simple message with his staff:
Current funding for T.E.A.C.H. scholarship program and REWARD stipend program is not enough to keep up with demand; more funding is critical. Specifically we are asking for a $7.5 million annual increase in the upcoming 2017-2019 state budget for support of these two programs.
Every call is a positive step. After you make your call, feel free to share your thoughts on WECA’s Facebook page.