Child Care Training in Wisconsin
Training Icons Key
- Spanish Training
- YoungStar Training
- In the Classroom
- Infant and Toddler
WECA can customize a training for your program. For more information please call Carrie Holden in the WECA Milwaukee office at 414-988-7321.
Download Print-Ready Registration Forms
Social & Emotional Competence: Pyramid Model Training for Family Child Care Providers
Pyramid Model is a 24-hour training series, provided in eight 3-hour segments focused on preventing and minimizing challenging behaviors. Participants register with the intention of attending all eight trainings. This will be an exclusive cohort of FCC providers. We will look at the curriculum through a FCC provider’s lens.
In addition to the training, would you like to join a FCC Community of Practice (CoP)? Indicate below.
A Community of Practice will provide an opportunity for family child care providers to support each other’s learning. The Pyramid Model Trainer will facilitate the gatherings of the Community of Practice, but content will be driven by the group participants. 4-6 two-hour meetings will be held on a weekday evening, dates and times to be determined by the participants. Also included is an on-line platform for on-going communication. Monetary stipends will be provided to enhance implementation of Pyramid Model strategies. Meetings in the WECA Madison office downstairs conference room, 744 Williamson Street, Madison.
Funded by the Southern Region Collaborating Partners and
Race to the Top Early Learning Challenge Grant.
If you’ve had Pyramid Model training within the last 3 years, you are welcome to sign up for the Community of Practice only, at no cost to you.
Location: Specific location to be determined
Training Tier Level: 3
Date: Oct 1 – Apr 29, 2017
Time: 9:00am – 12:00pm
City: Madison areaRegister now
Pathways to Quality Conference and Resource Fair
Location: Potawatomi Hotel and Casino, 1721 West Canal St.
Training Tier Level: 1
Fee: $35.00 (Includes light breakfast and lunch)
Topics: Program Administration, Incusion, In the Classroom, Infant and Toddler
Date: Saturday, October 8, 2016
Time: 7:30am – 3:30pm
City: MilwaukeeRegister now
2016 WECA Annual Conference
Location: Hyatt Regency Green Bay, 333 Main St.
Training Tier Level: 2
Topics: Equity and Diversity, Program Administration, Incusion, Leadership and Advocacy, In the Classroom
Date: Oct 13 – Oct 15, 2016
Time: 8:30am – 4:30pm
City: Green BayRegister now
- Strengthening Families (Wednesday, January 20, 2016 — Milwaukee)
- Strengthening Families (Saturday, February 20, 2016 — Milwaukee)
- ERS Webinar: SACERS-U (Tuesday, February 23, 2016 — Webinar)
- Super Saturday: Training to fit YOUR Needs (Saturday, February 27, 2016 — Milwaukee)
- Family Engagement - Webinar (Mar 7 – Apr 4, 2016 — Online)
- T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood Scholarship Road Show (Tuesday, March 15, 2016 — Eau Claire)
- ERS Webinar: Formal Rating Q&A Session (Tuesday, March 15, 2016 — Online)
- T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood Scholarship Road Show (Wednesday, March 16, 2016 — New Richmond)
- Guiding Children’s Behavior in Afterschool/School-Age Programs (Apr 6 – Apr 16, 2016 — Milwaukee)
- Family Engagement: Partnering with Families for Children's Success (Saturday, April 9, 2016 — West Allis)
- How Family Child Care Providers Can Improve Their Business Skills - with Tom Copeland (Thursday, April 14, 2016 — Webinar)
- T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood Scholarship Road Show — Appleton (Monday, April 25, 2016 — Appleton)
- T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood Scholarship Road Show — Sheboygan (Tuesday, April 26, 2016 — Sheboygan)
- Prácticas Apropiadas para el Desarrollo (Wednesday, April 27, 2016 — Un seminario web)
- Wisconsin Pyramid Model (Apr 30 – Aug 20, 2016 — Milwaukee)
- Afterschool/School-Age Curricular Framework (May 7 – May 14, 2016 — Milwaukee)
- T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood Scholarship Road Show — Milwaukee (Saturday, May 14, 2016 — Milwaukee)
- Super Saturday: Training to fit YOUR Needs (Saturday, May 21, 2016 — Milwaukee)
- T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood Scholarship Road Show-Racine (Tuesday, May 31, 2016 — Racine)
- T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood Scholarship Road Show-Kenosha (Wednesday, June 1, 2016 — Kenosha)
- T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood Scholarship Road Show - Wausau (Tuesday, June 21, 2016 — Wausau)
- T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood Scholarship Road Show - Rhinelander (Wednesday, June 22, 2016 — Rhinelander)
- Spend a Little Time, Save a Lot of Money: Maximize your Tax Deductions with Tom Copeland (Wednesday, July 13, 2016 — Webinar)
- Wisconsin Model Early Learning Standards (Aug 9 – Aug 24, 2016 — Milwaukee)