Child Care Training in Wisconsin
Training Icons Key
- Spanish Training
- YoungStar Training
WECA can customize a training for your program. For more information please call Carrie Holden in the WECA Milwaukee office at 414-988-7321.
Trauma Informed Practices: Fostering Self-Regulation and Resilience in Children
- Participants will understand the impact and prevalence of trauma in children's lives
- Participants will re-frame challenging behaviors through a trauma informed lens
- Participants will be able to articulate options for increasing children's regulation and resilience
Note: This was originally scheduled as a workshop at the WECA Conference in November. Because we had to cancel the session, this webinar is offered free to conference participants. You'll find registration details on the registration form.
Super Saturday: A Multitude of Options to Fit Your Specific Needs
*additional cost for School Age Curricular Framework.
AM snack & lunch included. Register early...space is limited.
7:30-8:00 Registration, Light AM Snacks
8:00-11:30 Part 1 (All Day Sessions), AM only sessions
12:30 - 3:45 Part 2 (All Day Sessions), PM only sessions
Choose 1 all day session or 1 morning & 1 afternoon session.
All Day, 8:00-3:45
- Ages & Stages Questionnaire (ASQ-3)
- School Age Curricular Framework *Cost for this session is $65, which includes light breakfast, lunch, and an additional course session which meets May 2, 9am-5pm at UWM-School of Continuing Education.
AM Only, 8:00 - 11:30
- Dealing with Difficult Parents
- Strengthening Families
- The Business of Budgets for Family Child Care: Budgeting Basics for Getting Started
- Desarrollar y Cultivar, Habilidades a traves de los Sentidos
PM Only, 12:30 - 3:45
- Developing Meaningful Relationships with a Difficult Child
- Developmentally Appropriate Practice: WHY we do WHAT we do
- So, You have a Budget, Now What? Finding Your Vision & Values in Your Bottom Line-For Family Child Care
- Developing and Cultivating Skills through Your Senses
- Guiding Children’s Behavior in Afterschool/School-Age Programs (A self-study) (Saturday, January 17, 2015 — Milwaukee)
- Trauma Informed Practices: Fostering Self-Regulation and Resilience in Children (Monday, March 2, 2015 — Webinar)