Child Care Training in Wisconsin
Training Icons Key
- Spanish Training
- YoungStar Training
WECA can customize a training for your program. For more information please call Carrie Holden in the WECA Milwaukee office at 414-988-7321.
Download Print-Ready Registration Forms
Wisconsin Model Early Learning Standards
This training will provide participants with an opportunity to explore the WMELS so that they will be able to use them to build a foundation for high quality care and education for all children from birth to the beginning of first grade. Participants will learn how to apply the WMELS Performance Standards to determine what children should know and be able to do, plan learning experiences, provide supportive environments and collect data to ensure that all children are learning and making progress.
This WMELS course meets 4 times in August.
August 9, 6-9pm
August 16, 6-9pm
August 23, 9am-2pm
August 24, 9am-2pm
You must attend all four sessions to receive credit.
Location: Elaine Schreiber Child Development Center at Silver Spring Neighborhood Center, 5460 N 64th Street
Training Tier Level: 3
Topics: Learning Environment, YoungStar
Date: Aug 9 – Aug 24, 2016
Time: 6:00pm – 9:00pm
City: MilwaukeeRegister now
Pathways to Quality Conference and Resource Fair
Registration opens August 23. Please check back for details!
Location: Potawatomi Hotel and Casino, 1721 West Canal St.
Training Tier Level: 2
Fee: $35.00 (Includes light breakfast and lunch)
Date: Saturday, October 8, 2016
Time: 7:30am – 3:30pm
2016 WECA Annual Conference
Registration opens August 8.
Location: Hyatt Regency Green Bay, 333 Main St.
Training Tier Level: 2
Topics: Inclusion and Diversity, Program Management, Personal and Professional Development, Health and Wellness, Curriculum and Assessment, Learning Environment
Date: Oct 13 – Oct 15, 2016
Time: 8:30am – 4:30pm
City: Green Bay
- Strengthening Families (Wednesday, January 20, 2016 — Milwaukee)
- Strengthening Families (Saturday, February 20, 2016 — Milwaukee)
- ERS Webinar: SACERS-U (Tuesday, February 23, 2016 — Webinar)
- Super Saturday: Training to fit YOUR Needs (Saturday, February 27, 2016 — Milwaukee)
- Family Engagement - Webinar (Mar 7 – Apr 4, 2016 — Online)
- T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood Scholarship Road Show (Tuesday, March 15, 2016 — Eau Claire)
- ERS Webinar: Formal Rating Q&A Session (Tuesday, March 15, 2016 — Online)
- T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood Scholarship Road Show (Wednesday, March 16, 2016 — New Richmond)
- Guiding Children’s Behavior in Afterschool/School-Age Programs (Apr 6 – Apr 16, 2016 — Milwaukee)
- Family Engagement: Partnering with Families for Children's Success (Saturday, April 9, 2016 — West Allis)
- How Family Child Care Providers Can Improve Their Business Skills - with Tom Copeland (Thursday, April 14, 2016 — Webinar)
- T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood Scholarship Road Show — Appleton (Monday, April 25, 2016 — Appleton)
- T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood Scholarship Road Show — Sheboygan (Tuesday, April 26, 2016 — Sheboygan)
- Prácticas Apropiadas para el Desarrollo (Wednesday, April 27, 2016 — Un seminario web)
- Wisconsin Pyramid Model (Apr 30 – Aug 20, 2016 — Milwaukee)
- Afterschool/School-Age Curricular Framework (May 7 – May 14, 2016 — Milwaukee)
- T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood Scholarship Road Show — Milwaukee (Saturday, May 14, 2016 — Milwaukee)
- Super Saturday: Training to fit YOUR Needs (Saturday, May 21, 2016 — Milwaukee)
- T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood Scholarship Road Show-Racine (Tuesday, May 31, 2016 — Racine)
- T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood Scholarship Road Show-Kenosha (Wednesday, June 1, 2016 — Kenosha)
- T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood Scholarship Road Show - Wausau (Tuesday, June 21, 2016 — Wausau)
- T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood Scholarship Road Show - Rhinelander (Wednesday, June 22, 2016 — Rhinelander)
- Spend a Little Time, Save a Lot of Money: Maximize your Tax Deductions with Tom Copeland (Wednesday, July 13, 2016 — Webinar)