2019 WECA Conference
November 14-16, 2019
The Ingleside Hotel
Exhibitors and Sponsors
Do you want to help us provide another dynamic WECA conference? Consider exhibiting at our annual conference which brings in more than 575 early childhood education professionals. Our ultimate goal is to create opportunities for early childhood professionals to network, improve skills, gain knowledge, and be recognized for their valuable work with children and families in Wisconsin.
About the 2018 Conference
The 2018 conference kicked off with an event for the community, parents and professionals together, on Thursday evening on the topic of “screen time and its effects on young children” with Lisa Guernsey, author and director of the Learning Technologies Project at New America. The event was sponsored by UW Health, and was marketed to the greater community in addition to our attendees.
Lisa Guernsey also keynoted our conference on Friday morning. The remainder of the day, along with Saturday, included a combination of workshop sessions and Ed Talks – short, high energy sessions focused on distinct themes.
The workshop sessions included a wide range of topics, but focusing on the following themes: technology, anti-bias education, reflective practice, play, and developmentally appropriate practice.
The conference blended “big ideas” from research, views from the field, and best practices by child care teachers and providers. Conference participants to engaged in discussion, experiential learning, play and exploration.
About Exhibiting at the 2018 Conference
Exhibit hours increased this year due to the Thursday night Lisa Guernsey event. However, we have not increased the cost of a booth or table. That means more exhibiting hours and a bigger audience of consumers for the same price as last year!
Exhibit Set up:
Thursday October 25 10 AM to 6:00 PM
Thursday October 25: 6-7 PM and 8-9 PM (closed from 7-8 during Lisa Guernsey event)
Friday October 26: 8 AM-5PM Friday
Saturday October 27: 8 AM-3 PM
|Corner Booth:$350||8′ x 10′ 8′ high back drape, 3′ side drapes, skirted table, 2 chairs, booth sign. Key location on the end of an aisle.|
|Inline/Aisle Booth:$300||8′ x 10′ 8′ high back drape, 3′ side drapes, skirted table, 2 chairs, booth sign.|
|Vendor Table:$150||Skirted table and 2 chairs. Intended for small businesses.|
|Non-Profit Table: $65||Skirted table and 2 chairs located in or outside of the exhibit hall. Intended for organizations sharing resources and information, not selling items.|
Electricity can be run to your booth or table for a fee of $50
Exhibits were located in the Wisconsin/Mendota/Geneva room (dividers will be removed so it is one big room). See attached map for the location. Keynotes and lunches were held next door in the Michigan room. There was also an exhibitor activity designed to encourage attendees to stop at booths and tables.
Planning for your exhibit:
- You can bring materials to display and demonstrate that fit the themes of the conference. Think of some hands-on ways that our attendees can explore your materials.
- You can bring materials to sell. Providers love to be able to purchase items directly from you and start using them right away in their classrooms.
- Bring resources like activity plans or classroom inventories that you could share with participants. Freebies and take-away items always bring attendees to your booth. Make yours the booth that they must go to for an essential resource!
- Bring items for the adults attending the conference. Not everything has to be early education specific. This is often a time where providers escape from their daily routine, and enjoy treating themselves to something special.
- Donate a door prize that fits the themes. It’s a great way to market your company or organization to providers and be seen as a partner in their learning. Please note your ability to give on the application.