- This event has passed.
Fox Valley Chapter of WECA: Tour of Centers
April 15, 2019 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Enjoy a night of fun touring four area early childhood settings. You can leisurely walk through the environments, notice different room arrangements, wall displays, playgrounds and more. What a wonderful opportunity to celebrate the differences in programs! Earn 2 hours of continuing education by visiting at least 4 of the 5 sites.
- Apple Tree Connections
- Salvation Army Learning Center
- Little Angel Child Care- 912 North Oneida Street Location Only
- Tikes and Tots Family Child Care
- Twinkeling Stars Child Care and Preschool
Registration: Apple Tree Connections 5020 N Providence Ave, Appleton, WI 54913 from 6-7pm. REGISTRATION CLOSES AT 7PM SHARP.
Cost: FREE for Fox Valley Chapter and other WECA members! Just $5.00 per person for non-members, including guests and spouses.FVCW members will receive their wristbands and stamp cards by mail prior to Tours and may start at any site. All other participants will need to register at the pre-registration site or the night of Tours. All participants will receive a wristband to indicate they’ve paid, and a stamp card. Wristband will need to be shown at each site.
Pre-Registration: You may pre-register your group on Tuesday, April 9th from 3:00-6:00 pm at Salvation Army Learning Center –1525 Appleton Rd, Menasha, WI 54952. In order to preregister a group, we will need the number of attendees and the fee paid. Individuals may also pre-register. Sorry, we are unable to take mail in registrations. Those pre-registering may start at any site. Checks made out to Fox Valley Chapter or cash are accepted for pre-registration.
Code of Conduct: Please review the following Code of Conduct and plan to follow it so we can continue to offer this event. Help us keep the centers sparkly clean and ready for the children the next day!
Tour of Centers Code of Conduct
- Be prepared to show your identifying bracelet to a Tour of Center volunteer upon request.
- As this is an “adult only” event, please leave children (except for nursing infants) at home.
- Respect the center being toured and its employees. Place garbage in the appropriate receptacle, ask before taking photographs, and do not remove things from the center without permission. Remember that these centers need to be fully operational the next day.
- Be a gracious visitor and reserve negative comments for a later time. “If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all.”
- Be mindful of the starting and ending times of the tour. Just like you, Tour of Center volunteers and center employees have worked a long day, and are now giving up their evening so you can enjoy this event.
- Unprofessional behavior will not be tolerated. Visitors exhibiting inappropriate behavior may be asked to leave the premises and banned from future Tours.
- Anyone caught violating this code of conduct may be asked to leave immediately. Recurring complaints may cause Fox Valley Chapter to terminate the Tour of Centers event in future years.