Getting started with REWARD!
The REWARD Stipend Program provides salary supplements to eligible child care professionals. Individuals must meet all eligibilities to participate. If a person is found to be eligible, a stipend will be awarded along with a 6-month agreement. The stipend amount corresponds to the individual’s Registry Level, as shown below. The stipend agreement is a 6-month contract to continue to meet program eligibilities. Once that agreement ends, the individual can reapply as long as eligibilities continue to be met.
*Stipends are awarded as funding allows.
Earning a REWARD stipend
To be eligible for a REWARD Wisconsin Stipend, an individual must meet the following employment, experience, and education requirements:
- Employed by a group child care program that is licensed and/or participating in YoungStar OR in a licensed or certified family child care program
- Work at least 20 hours per week
- Work at least 5% of their time in an early childhood classroom, either directly with children or in supervision and support of staff
- Live and/or work in the state of Wisconsin
- Earn $16.50 an hour or less
- Have worked at your present employer for 3 current and continuous years
- Have 6 years of experience in regulated child care programs as documented by the Registry.
- Registry Level 7 or above on The Registry
Participants at Registry Level 7, 8, 9, and 10 must complete early childhood credits to continue participating in REWARD. Participants can receive a maximum of 4 stipends at each of these Registry Levels while working to reach a higher Registry Level. Participants at Registry Level 11 and above do not need to meet this requirement.
Ready to Apply?
Choose the application that matches your work setting: