Getting started with REWARD!
The REWARD Stipend Program provides salary supplements to eligible child care professionals. Individuals must meet all eligibilities to participate. If a person is found to be eligible, a stipend will be awarded along with a 6-month agreement. The stipend amount corresponds to the individual’s Registry Level, as shown below. The stipend agreement is a 6-month contract to continue to meet program eligibilities. Once that agreement ends, the individual can reapply as long as eligibilities continue to be met.
*Stipends are awarded as funding allows.
Earning a REWARD stipend
To be eligible for a REWARD Wisconsin Stipend, an individual must meet the following employment, experience, and education requirements:
- Employed by a certified or licensed family child care program, licensed child care center, or any Head Start program
- Work at least 20 hours per week
- Work at least 5% of their time in an early childhood classroom, either directly with children or in supervision and support of staff
- Live and/or work in the state of Wisconsin
- Earn $16.50 an hour or less
- Have worked at your present employer for 3 current and continuous years
- Have 6 years of experience in regulated child care programs as documented by the Registry.
- Registry Level 7 or above on The Registry
- Participants at Registry Level 7, 8, 9, and 10 must complete 3 ECE credits over the course of two 6-month agreements to continue participating in REWARD. Download full details here. Participants at Registry Level 11 or above do not need to meet this requirement.
Ready to Apply?
Choose the application that matches your work setting: