Business Practices Tutorial
Welcome to the child care Business Practices Tutorial funded by the Wisconsin Department of Children and Families! This tutorial covers the impact financial business practices have on improving program quality.
Where do I begin?
- Read and view the material on Home Page – Read this First!
- Scroll over either the Group Center or Family Provider tab (see image at right), depending on which applies to you.
- In the drop-down menu begin with Line Item Budget and work your way down the topics.
- Some may take longer than others to open. Clicking the hour glass or watch icon on the screen can further delay the download and cause it to stop or freeze.
- Some of the documents to download do not open in a new browser window. Therefore, you will want to open it, save it to your computer, and then consider printing. You may have to select ‘enable editing’ once you are ready to open the document on your computer, depending on the Office version you have. Once you have done this, you will need to click on the ‘back arrow’ in the upper left corner of your screen to go back to the tutorial.
First, complete each section of the tutorial.
To receive Registry credit upon finishing the tutorial, please complete an evaluation form which can be accessed at the end of the course.
Once we receive your evaluation we will enter your name into the Registry roster. We cannot give Registry credit without the completed evaluation form.
Software Needed to Complete the Tutorial
Some activities in this tutorial may require you to have Adobe Reader or Adobe Flash Player for viewing certain content. Most computers already have some version of these installed, however the links to the free plug-in are listed below if needed. Note for operating systems other than Windows, click the ‘Different language or operating systems?’ link on the download page to select your correct version.
- Adobe Reader at http://get.adobe.com/reader/
- Adobe Flash Player at http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
You will also need Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel).