We’ll help you pay for nutritious food, keeping the children you care for healthy and happy!
Who can participate in the WECA Food Program?
If you are a certified or licensed family child care provider in Wisconsin, you may be eligible to participate.
How does the program work?
- Become a licensed or certified family child care provider.
- Contact WECA to schedule a visit to your home.
- Sign an agreement with the WECA Food Program and enroll the children in your care.
- Feed children following food program guidelines and keep a record of menus and attendance.
- Submit monthly menu and attendance records.
- Receive your reimbursement!
Once you’ve become a WECA Food Program participant:
- Allow a WECA staff member to visit you three times a year
- Complete an annual in-home training and child re-enrollment packet
WECA Food Program Benefits – So Much to Get!
Child care providers get money back for some of the food they buy as well as valuable information on nutrition, meal planning, and age-appropriate foods to serve children. Food Program Payment – How it Works.
Children get an opportunity to create proper eating habits that lead to lifelong health.
Parents get peace of mind, knowing that their children are getting the nutrition they need for appropriate development.
“I appreciate all the work WECA does to support and supplement my business. As self-employed business owners, we know the trust parents put in us. Like a skilled contractor building a house that is to stand 70, 80, even 90 years, we know that the foundation and structure of the home is NOT the place to go cheap and easy. Our children are creating their own foundations and structures and we owe it to them to give them good ‘supplies’ so they can have a solid start in life. WECA secures funding to supplement our food program as well as advocating for healthy changes that can help us all live stronger and more vibrant lives.”Betty Anne White