WEESSN offers three tiers of engagement – choose the one that fits your needs and geographic location. Click on a Tier below for more information.
Any regulated family or group child care program can join—for FREE. The program is NOT tied to Wisconsin Registry or YoungStar levels. One membership is available per program.
Not sure if your program is already enrolled in WEESSN? Click here for more information.
Tier 1: Communication
BILINGUAL | VIRTUAL ACCESS
- FREE shared resources, tools, and templates (WISER)
- Digital hiring platform
- Discounted purchasing
- Professional development approx. 20/year
- WEESSN newsletters
- LegUp waitlist management software
- Educator Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tax Guides and tools for tax preparation
Tier 2: Cooperation
BILINGUAL | VIRTUAL COACHING
Tier 1 benefits, plus:
- Virtual WEESSN Tiered Membership Specialist
- Program management software (6-month subscription)
- 24/7 telemedicine access
Tier 3: Collaboration
BILINGUAL | REGIONAL COACHING
Tier 1 and Tier 2 benefits, plus:
- Dedicated WEESSN Coach
- Shared back-office staff
- Food system supports
- Shared substitute pool
Financial Information Resources
In addition to hundreds of resources on the WISER site, WEESSN offers access to:
- Timely information about federal stimulus funds and taxes, sound business practices, and tools for healthy business operations, including fact sheets, worksheets, and videos in English and Spanish
- WEESSN covers the registration fee for the LegUp enrollment management system to help providers manage waitlists, offer online tour booking, and share real-time availability. Maximize revenues by making it easier for parents to fill slots in your program!
- Educator Assistance Program (EAP): A FREE service available for each person who works in your child care program (group and family), this benefit will provide no-cost access to individual and confidential professional services like financial planning, legal advice, personal wellness, and crisis intervention. It will be an excellent addition to any benefits package. More details coming soon!
- Tier 3 members: Additional back-office assistance is available for building budgets, monitoring cash flow, supporting billing/tuition collections, customizing ELV’s Alliance Core software, and other financial tasks.
- If you have questions, please contact the Financial Services team for more information at BackOfficeWEESSN@wisconsinearlychildhood.org.
Food Systems Support
- Innovative Farm to ECE programs for connecting providers with farmers and increasing access to fresh produce and affordable, nutrient-dense food – available for Tier 3 participants in designated areas
- Pilot programs in 2022 include food box deliveries, garden beds, garden grants, and more
- Farm to ECE Newsletter: Recipes and resources to encourage healthy eating and creative nutrition programming are available to all WEESSN members.
- Contact us for questions about Food Systems Support.
Child Care Start-Up Support
Child care is a career that makes a difference in the lives of young children, their families, and the communities in which they live. Wisconsin needs more high-quality child care programs throughout the state and particularly in rural areas currently experiencing child care deserts. WECA and WEESSN are actively supporting new child care programs in the following ways – if you or someone you know is interested, please contact us.
- WECA Provider Assistance for Licensing Program (PAL): Funded by Wisconsin Department of Children and Families (DCF), this program seeks to increase the number of licensed child care providers in the Northern and Western licensing regions. It offers a wide range of support and funding to assist with start-up activities and promote long-term sustainability.
- Child Care Start-Up Program: Wisconsin has a critical need to increase the number of child care programs across the state. To help meet this need, WEESSN is providing start-up coaching across the state. We can partner with community partners who have identified possible candidates as well as work with interested individuals. Child care is a rewarding career, and we want to ensure that those who are coming into this work are fully supported, from pre-planning to opening!
Need more information? Click on our FAQ page, email a WEESSN Tiered Membership Specialist, or call 608-721-6936.